Monday, July 21, 2014

Who is Joy in the Journey: Meet Shannon

I am 1/3 of the group who sat in the booth that night a year ago, sharing our pictures, shedding some tears, and dreaming up big dreams. Welcome to our blog! 


I am an active, stay at home mama who happens to have been blessed with two of the world’s most beautiful children (and a pretty fantastic husband, if I do say so myself).  



Our oldest, Lili, is about to embark on the big bad world of 1st grade (somebody hold me). Lili was adopted from Taiwan, and has been home with us since she was 8 months old. 



Elijah, who will turn 3 this month, was adopted from Ghana, Africa. We were able to bring him home just after his first birthday, and we will be celebrating his second Gotcha Day at the end of August. 

I am passionate about faith, family and fitness, and I love connecting with others who share my passions. Seeing our vision of an adoptive mama retreat become a reality has been truly exhilarating. My prayer is that, through our blog and upcoming retreat, we will be able to bring a connection to adoptive mamas that is hard to find. Adoption is a beautiful, horrifying, tedious, overwhelmingly glorious process. And who better to share this with than other women who have been there and done that.

I pray that through this blog, and ultimately at our retreat, we can touch on topics not common in most circles. We will hear from experts with all types of adoption experience, including international adoption, domestic adoption, independent adoption, agency adoption, foster care, adult adoptees, etc. I pray that this becomes an open forum to discuss the joy and the heartache that comes with the magnificence of adoption. 

The adoption road is long, and sometimes it can be hard (ok, it IS hard). But our goal is to focus on the joy that comes not only when the adoption process is complete, but through out the entire journey. Won't you join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment